Wednesday, May 28, 2008

TOSS vs. SSVFD........My Last Post

This is my last posting on this specific matter and I am reconsidering whether there is any true benefit to this blog. There was no intent in my previous posts to exacerbate this situation. My intent was to bring this to your attention.

My analogy regarding the Stages of Demise was written as a warning of what could happen, not a prediction nor a plan.

The lines have been drawn in the sands of Southern Shores, the outcome remains to be seen. Maybe, just maybe, common sense and reason will prevail over indignation and emotion. At any rate, in situations like this, it seems that government usually wins, good or bad. After all, there's the old adage “You can't fight Town Hall”.

As for myself, I can only express my own feelings with the term “heart-sick”. After 24 years of service I have to wonder: What does it amount to? What was I thinking all those years? I cannot help but feel that this is no longer a “Town of Volunteers” , it's more like: A Community of Millionaires Quibbling Over Pennies.

And now I can't resist the opportunity for one last analogy:

Jean-Luc Picard and his heroic crew of the Starship Enterprise having volunteered to explore the far reaches of the Universe, are now in contact with the Borg. Are we watching the last episode of this series?


You will be assimilated, resistance is futile!


No comments:

Post a Comment